Sugar Free Gum Is Poisonous to Dogs | Dalton family almost lost their Lab Dog After she Ate more than two-dozen of Gum

Sookie is a two years old Lab Dog and ate more than two-dozen pieces of sugar free gum which contains xylitol. Gums are are good for our fresh breathe but deadly to dogs.  

Dalton family almost lost their Sookie lab dog on May 6th, 2017. After they found out Sookie had eaten gums. 

"I got a phone call from our oldest son, and he was hysterical," said Albemarle County, Virginia resident, Katherine Dalton. He'd found Sookie unconscious News
Sookie Lab dog
 "Her dose was so significant that she had a secondary problem caused by xylitol, which is acute liver failure," said veterinarian Brad DiCarlo."
Watch the video 





What is Xyliton? 
Xylitol is a sugar alcohol used as a sweetener and companies are using this sugar alcohol on many food product to make artificial sweet. Xylitol is categorized as a polyalcohol or sugar alcohol and many gum, candy, cake contains Xyliton WIKI 

All the dog owner should learn from this incident and take care their pets as well as their new born baby. Doctors and veterinary warn this as poison to dogs. 

Powered by Blogger.